Sunday, February 27, 2011

To infinity and beyond.

Hey guys,
I’m writing this in a plane.  Some people have anxiety before a flight, but I love it.  I love it from the initial take off, climbing speeds of 200 mph in just a couple of seconds, to the landing where you feel the jolt of the plane landing and gravity bitch slapping you in the face for ignoring it.  During flight, the plane transcends reality into a bitter, sweet blizzard of clouds.  From way up high, the ground below loses its complexity and become an easy 500 piece puzzle.  Life feels simple and manageable.

I find myself thinking a lot before a flight.  Thinking of my friends, family, latest crush, gin and tonics, and the rest of the day is going to play out.  I want to have those memories backed up if we do crash and burn.
I have been real busy lately.  I got a new position at work, met a nice lady who I turned off by trying to turn on (Maybe I have lost the ability to kiss passionately), made a kegerator, and got drunk.  And now I’m flying to Orlando for two weeks to setup a meeting for 10,000 folks.
Friday, my roommates and I hosted a classy party.  Here are some of the highlights:
  • 20 + people dressed up all fancy
  •  Walked around with appetizers: citrus onion tomato brochette with melted mozzarella, cream-cheese caper and lox brochette, chocolate-hazelnut banana foster brochette, cream-cheese raspberry preserve brochette, stuffed mushrooms, spinach-stuffed pork tenderloin, and jalapeño popper wrapped in bacon.
  • Photo booth with Mallory the photographer (she’s pretty much pro)
  • Lots of Frank Sinatra
  • Raffling out of a King of the Cosmos hat
  • Midnight toast with Champagne
  • Transition of classy to skanky with the revealing of the kegerator (filled with Fat Tire!)

Question of the day:
Do you like straight up cranberry juice or one of the funky Cran creations?  Or do you not even like cranberry juice and wish people would stop asking you?

Pics of the day:


No comments:

Post a Comment