Saturday, October 23, 2010

First Post

Hello Blogger World, I'm Bob and it's very nice to meet at last.  I've heard some good things about ya, and I'm hoping for very strong relationship.

Now that we're past the formalities, let's get down to business.
Today has been very unproductive.  I seem not to be able to leave the couch when it's rainy and gloomy outside. Watched the first season of 30 Rock and a film by Pedro Almodóvar, Volver.  I've seen many of his films and they never disappoint me.  This one was about a two sisters who live in Madrid and are brought together with a death in the family.  Once together their family past starts to unravel with a visit from their dead mother.  Very interesting movie that shows how well-bonded Spanish families can be when faced with an issue.

So I've got an almost industrial-size deepfryer!  And with this deepfryer, I try to deep fry anything my little mind can manifest.  This week we had a deep fry party where I deep fried 20 corndogs, 5 Cheetos, 7 mushrooms, 1 hamburger (equipped with lettuce, tomatoes, and cheese between two sesame buns), corn clusters, zucchini, and 2 large pickles.  We bought way too many zucchinis and like 7 cans of pineapples.  So I've been thinking of different ways of using them.  Found a pretty sweet zucchini bread recipe, but don't have a have a grater or any walnuts (or any nuts for that matter, I mean I still have testicle, but not for cooking).  It's weird how I got all these crazy kitchen devices, but no grater.  What's up with that??!  So instead of making the bread, I made a random rice dish with zucchini, tomatoes, parsley, chicken broth, and onions.  And like most things that get cooked in this house, it eventually got molded into balls.  That's right rice balls.  Mmmmm boy.  Things just taste better when they are pounded into different geometrical shapes.  I'm pretty dang sure of that.  Here look for yourself, don't these balls look scrumptious.


Yeah, I'll probably fry them up later tonight.  Why you might ask?  Because I can and love heartburn.
Well until next time, this has been my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment